Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Importance of Knees

Silly title I know, but I like silly titles. I also like my knees, they are very useful and serve many noble purposes but until two nights ago, I was unaware of the most noble one.

After a long and tiring day (some day I hope to not keep using those words in conjunction with school) at the hospital I come home around 11pm and dragged myself downstairs to my room, and got ready for bed. But instead of crawling into bed after I turn the lights off, I felt this pressing need to kneel beside my bed before I got in. At this point I was kinda 'prayed-out', not that I think there is such a thing, but I was out of words. So I just knelt and thanked God for the day, it really was a great day since I had spent it with the creator of the universe. Not every day you get to say that...oh wait, yes we can!

I think there was something deep stirred inside of me when I knelt, I am not sure exactly what happened, but it was a powerful, solid shift in the way I want to offer up my prayers. Granted I can't kneel in my car which is where I pray in the mornings, but I can end my day by humbly entering in my King's presence. See, I have not been sleeping well for quite a while now, my brain simply can't unwind and it wants to process everything which is just too much. After talking with some friends about this, they suggested that I change my patterns before bed to make God the last thing on my mind. So I did pray about it but then continued to do what I always did, until Tuesday. God intervened on my behalf and is showing me how to do that. How great is that? He really does show us the way we should live, knees to the floor and hearts in his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment