Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Pharaoh comes for a visit


I can't even remember the last time I was sick. But yesterday starting at 1:30 am reminded me. I had never heard the expression 'did you do the pharaoh?' until some friends who had been overseas told me. Well, I did the pharaoh, and I would very much like to not do it again. For those of you who don't know what the pharaoh is, let me enlighten you. Its when you have stuff coming out both ends and the same time. yuck. Anyways, I am done with the vomiting and hopefully after following the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) I should eliminate the diarrhea. In the mean time, my temperature is returning to normal andmy youngest brother is sick so now I get to take care of him.

I don't write this just to share that I am sick. As always God is teaching me something. I don't like being sick, not even a little bit, because it makes me weak, and I have issues with being weak. I was so weak yesterday I had to ask my mom to help me walk the twenty feet or so from my bedroom to the couch downstairs so I could watch TV, which I did for the next 10 hours. Thank you CSI New York for being a marathon and filling my day. I am learning that in being weak, physically, mentally or emotionally, I have to lean on God even more. That is what I want, to lean into him, but why does it have to come with being weak? I already know the answer to that, but it is hard for my brain to wrap around. His grace is sufficient for me and his power is made perfect in my weakness. I never thought I would want a life of being weak, but I am starting to see how being strong isnt always the best way. It is nice to let someone help me and lead the way to the couch of recovery and rest.

1 comment:

  1. First off, dear cuz, I am sorry you were sick! :-( We seem to be on the start of yet another cold, here.

    Secondly, God uses quite a few things in our lives to show us how fully we must rely on His strength, and His strength alone; this you know. Terry and I have learned as parents that most of the challenging, troubling moments that come with children are ones that bring us to our knees asking God for His strength because we just cannot do it on our own.

    Hugs and love coming your way! (And if you have chamomile tea, that will help with the tummy.)

    ReplyDelete