Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Oklahoma!

Weekend get-a-way to Oklahoma may not sound romantic or exciting, but getting away from work and school and the apartment to spend some much needed time with your husband, is just the kind of weekend I needed. We had bought a Groupon for the Hyatt Hotel in Tulsa, Googled some very Tulsa things to do and headed out for our destination, complete with Chex Mix and peanut butter M&M's. I wanted to share some of the things we did while there, so check out the photos below!
Grabbing coffee at the local, shabby chic, Shades of Brown


In Tulsa's version of Bradly Fair, they had a fun old phone booth!

"Help! Help!"

Dun-da-da-Dun!!

"I will rescue you!"

Where there is a Doug, there is a Starbucks.

Fun at Anthropolgie

Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?
Beautiful Philbrook Museum

So beautiful, so hot, I melted

Random garden gnome!

This gazebo is what took husband and I out of the AC and into the sweltering Brazilian rainforest, wait I mean Tulsa

Despite the heat wave, the flowers were in full bloom.
Snapped some self photos and high tailed it back to the museum!  
 Things I am grateful for:

Long worknights with great coworkers
patients who understand they are not the only ones you have to take care of
God holding me together when I am falling apart
good times with the sister
the air conditioner
of course, get-a-way weekends with the hubby
how he chose the smoother path on the way there so I could sleep in the car
clouds disguised as a fantastic king sized bed
dinner and a movie date night out of town
remembering how God loves me, all.the.time.
brother and sister-in-law's preparing to have a baby girl :)
going to be an Auntie!
good chats with good friends
late night and early morning walks with my love
have I mentioned the air conditioner?

No comments:

Post a Comment