Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

1000 Gifts

holy experience

I am very excited to have found a wonderfully rich blog, A Holy Experience, thanks to my friend Sarah, who is getting ready to move overseas with her hubby and 9 month old!  I have been praying about what my blog should look like, recently it has just been random posts about daily activities, which that will still happen, but I like what my friend Dana is doing over at her blog. She has something daily to blog about under specific topics. I like that and as I continue reading different people's blogs, I will get a feel for what my heart wants to spill out into these internet journal pages. Thanks to the recent treasure of A Holy Experience's posts on being thankful, I will begin my very own list of 1000 gifts.

Why do I want to record 1000 gifts? I can think of no better way to gain the right perspective of life, than to daily give thanks to the creator of all life. I can't put it any better than Ann, the author of my new favorite blog, so beautifully said,
"When I started to see all the things that I love bestowed upon me, I started to see Him as near, present, everywhere, showering me with good things. Seeing the things I love all around me gives me eyes to see that I am loved, that He loves me. It is happening to me as John Milton wrote: “Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.”
What do I hope to gain? My prayer is that as I consciously make effort to open my eyes, my ears and my heart to all the gifts around me I will begin noticing all the gifts I already have and it will leave me never wanting. I hope that every Monday as I reflect on the past week and prepare a posting, I will revel in the grace and goodness the Father has given to me each and every moment of my life.

Why do I want to share this? Oh I can't explain how excited I am about sharing this with all (or few) of you who read this blog, that you may begin your own list of 1000 gifts as God carries you throughout your days. If you decided to join us, would you leave a comment and maybe a few of the things you have been gifted with recently? Private journals or public blogs, please everyone join me!

1000 Gifts

1. tears in my eyes as I think back to how God has saved me
2. the song, How He Loves

3. the way he looks at me and hugs me like he hasn't seen me in days
4. warm November days
5. giggles that turn into silent, belly-holding, nasals flared laughter with your best friend who happens to be your sister
6. how He has turned tragic events into beautiful things and continues to rescue my family 2 years later

I hope that as you go about your day that you will see the gifts of grace God has placed all around your life. Begin a life of gratitude and it will change your life, truly truly.

2 comments:

  1. YaY for another Multitude Monday newbie like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh I know you will be greatly blessed by Ann's blog. I've been following it for over 5 years! Welcome and I'd like to know more about #6 . . . I've walked a road of tragic and God does bring His glory thru it.

    http://wp.me/p97XK-28a

    ReplyDelete