Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

OctoberFestivities!

10.29.10
Final Friday
     My lovely sister, Jackie, (check out her amazing blog here) is an intern for Tangent Labs, one of many studios that participate in Final Fridays. So Friday she asked me if we would come hang out with her for a few hours with her. Doug and I were just eating mac-n-cheese with no great plans for the rest of the night, so we said yes! We enjoyed the different displays and the mostly eaten but still yummy goodies.

 Contemplating art. It's what we do.
Three warm art connoisseurs. 
10.30.10
Murder Among the Mateys
    Jackie had a birthday at the beginning of October, which I had planned for this amazing party to take place then. It had to be postponed until the 30th for various reasons. BUT, nevertheless the party did in deed commence. What better way to celebrate my dear sisters birthday than to host a pirate murder mystery? 
     A great website "night of mystery" gave me all the materials I would need to host such a party. I bought the package back in July and have began planning it and putting it together in September. So much fun to read through and figure out which characters would fit our guests! With pirate love triangles, a lost treasure to be found, bottles of root beer, eye patches and bad accents all around, we had a spectacular night of surprising plot twists. 


I made this video (my first time ever!) to show the pictures instead of having you scroll forever.
The pirate party was so much fun to plan and to see everyone getting into character. Happy Birthday Jackie!
10.31.10
3 mile walk is sensible.
     Phew friends, almost done with the weekend, hang in there we're almost done. Sunday after church Doug and I go back to our beloved nature center for a walk. He takes me the "back way" in and then we have hours of fun finding short cuts and walking the bike path all the way to Woodlawn and down 29th back into the nature center! All in all we walked close to 3 miles and enjoyed every step, it was gorgeous out. Later that day after leaving Doug to take is pre-work nap, I headed over to my friend Jennie's house for a night of Jane Austen. We had a fabulous time eating brownies,cheese, crackers, apples and not a piece of candy in sight, as we watched my new favorite Austen film, Sense and Sensibility. Such a fun halloween night!
     What a fun filled weekend to close out the great month of October. What has been some of you favorite times in October? Past or present!

No comments:

Post a Comment