Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wet Wednesday

I have two un-edited, un-finished posts that I could have posted for today. They were heartfelt but selfish posts about me and what has been bothering me lately. I decided that I don't need to publish those today. Today I want to give thanks to God who has richly blessed me. I am the rich girl who gets it all.

I am warm and dry when it is cold and wet outside.
I am loved and taken care of when so many are abandoned.
I have a job and lack nothing when many are unemployed.
I know I am a child of God when countless are lost.

I am the rich one in this world. And I am convicted by these words in 1 Timothy 6:17-18
17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.
As Thanksgiving and Christmas rapidly approach, I know how easy it is to forget that we are the rich ones when our money is flying through our hands. I am praying for a giving spirit that will stay with me long past the holidays. God has to gently remind me so often that it, whatever "it" may be, is not mine to begin with. He has richly blessed me with everything I need and will continue to do so that I may in turn be a blessing to others.

Please watch this video of one of my favorite songs

CHANGED from blaine hogan on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment